Kia Parts & Service Advisor Apprentice NORTON WAY MOTORS LIMITED
Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Parts and Service Advisor working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 18 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Aug 2022
21 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. GWR Kia are currently seeking a Parts and Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Driving the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOT's and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded.
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous.
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent), Science and ICT are desirable.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship. On completion of the apprenticeship the average salary of a parts and service advisor is anywhere between 22k-28k.
Things to consider
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Welcome to GWR Kia, the UK flagship Kia dealership and home to Europe’s largest Kia Showroom, located on Great West Road, Brentford. Whether you are looking for a new or an approved used Kia, our 4 showroom floors with a display of over 100 vehicles will guarantee to provide you with an experience like no other.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard: You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your Apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Over a two year period they will gain a nationally recognised qualification Level 2 Customer service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) progressing onto a Level 3 Custiomer Specialist (ST0071/AP01) and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor.
A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor or Service Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level Functional Skills if needed.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.