Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Dr W Taylor & Mrs M Taylor
We have some exciting opportunities for Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Practitioners to join us in our adventure. Meadows Children’s Nursery reflects strongly on our ethos of Learning with Nature, we will follow the EYFS.
Closing date: 22 Jul 2022
£180.38 to £356.25
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Aug 2022
21 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
We have some exciting opportunities for Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Practitioners to join us in our adventure. Meadows Children’s Nursery reflects strongly on our ethos of Learning with Nature, we will follow the EYFS. Practitioners are to become part of our nurturing environment with strong community links and a welcoming connection with our families. We would like for our practitioners to share the same passion as we do deliver childcare that meets the EYFS guidelines while.The use of our outdoor space is essential; we have a multi-functional outside area that can be used in all weather conditions, which is well organised and can provide natural outdoor learning opportunities.
Your role will to be to support the existing team with the day to day preparation, activities and food preparation of a busy and popular Children’s Nursery. You will help the team with the implementation of appropriate planned schemes of activities, work and programmes for children in the nursery. Ensuring that personal, physical, social, spiritual, emotional, cultural and moral needs are adequately addressed and to be actively involved in supporting children in their achievements of planned objectives and goals.
- To be responsible for the care, welfare, health, safety and security of children, supervising activities and routines, giving specific help to individual children to ensure that they remain focussed
- To be flexible within working practises of the nursery
- Be prepared to help where needed including to undertake certain domestic duties e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, good housekeeping
- Actively participate in Training Programmes, attending Professional Development activities as appropriate and to make training courses provided by the Nursery a high priority
Requirements and prospects
- Be flexible and creative and have the commitment to provide first class childcare
- Have the ability to promote good practice in a professional manner
- Have good organisational skills
- The nursery management are looking for someone who is motivated and has a keen passion for becoming an Early Years professional
- They will be happy to interview individuals who have the no previous experience but show the right personal qualities and disposition for childcare
- Highly motivated, energetic
- Show commitment to achieving apprenticeship in agreed timeframe
- Good GCSEs Grades including Maths and English at Grades 5 - 9
- Level 2 Childcare or Health and Social Care Qualification
- Some Previous Childcare experience / understanding of Childcare role
On completion of the Qualification there may be to opportunity for full time employment, but not guaranteed.
Things to consider
Any successful Applicants will need to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check for criminal records before a formal offer for the job is offered.
About the employer
Welcome! There is something exceptional about Meadows - it’s a very special place with its farmstead location, nestled in nature and spectacular Northumbrian countryside. Meadows is filled with enriching opportunities for all children to grow and blossom in stimulating surroundings. We are very proud of our welcoming and family orientated homely environment. The needs of each and every child lie at the heart of our ethos and practice. We have space for each child to be nurtured, to be encouraged, to be stimulated and to be really cared for. Meadows is a safe place where each child can enjoy the freedom to explore the life they are growing into. Meadows is unique. We like to think we can offer your child a more rounded, richer experience that cannot be found elsewhere.
Meadows has a family environment that is all its own. It’s one in which your child can thrive, blossom and above all, be really happy. We recognise that the first few days and weeks can be an emotional time and we encourage all parents and carers to stay with their child ensuring they feel happy, confident and secure supported by your key coordinator. Feel free to talk to us about any concerns and worries as we are here to help you.
As a parent those first few hours and days away from your little one can seem endless, so if you need to chat, or just need to know about your child’s day, we are only a phone call away.
Whether a child comes to us at a few weeks old, as a toddler, or slightly older our aim is to ensure that we nurture each individual child’s emotional and physical well being as well as their developmental and learning needs by promoting a holistic approach. What happens over those formative years from birth to five can affect the rest of a child’s life.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01207 585914 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard for Early Years Educator
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.