Administrative Assistant Apprenticeship Yarm Medical Centre
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administrative Support Apprentice to work within the team at Yarm Medical Practice. This post is to provide an efficient administrative support service whilst working towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
Closing date: 07 Jul 2022
£180.38 to £356.25
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Jul 2022
20 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The Administrative Support Apprentice will receive appropriate training and guidance to undertake the full range of clerical duties which will include:
- Identifying relevant clinical information documented in patient correspondence, coding appropriately and completing any detailed action
- Inputting and extracting data as required to support practice reports
- Filing and storing records as required
- Photocopy documentation as required
- Action all workflow (Electronic referrals, e-Consult, and emails)
- Scanning patient related documentation and attaching scanned documents to patients’ healthcare records
- Daily GP Links process
- Registrations/Temporary: Register patient check GP2GP if appropriate complete new patient template, Private patients, foreign nationals
- Dealing with tasks relating to the registration status of patients
- Deductions Retrieve files, print out relevant documents produce labels for correct processing back to PCSE
- Lablinks Process ensuring patient test results are sent to the correct GP or Nurse
- Online medical access registrations completing security check ensuring records are correct, updating the relevant access.
- Dealing with adopted patients ensuring records are transferred correctly and the relevant guidelines are followed for keeping storing old files
- Dealing with merged records correctly maintaining patient records that are incorrect. Ensuring that GP2GP degraded entries are actioned.
- Maintaining patient records keeping them up to date
- Quarterly capitation reporting and adhoc reporting on patient numbers and usual GP
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisation and timekeeping skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge of ICT packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work flexible and cooperative and work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- To be motivated to take responsibility for own work, behaviour and developments
- To be a forward thinker
- A polite, confident and friendly approach
- To be sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations
- To have high levels of integrity and loyalty and understand and respect confidentiality and abide by this at all times
- Experience of working within an administration role would be desirable
4 GCSEs at C/4 or above to include Maths, English and IT or equivalent qualifications
Progression routes available on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please consider travel arrangments prior to applying for this role.
About the employer
Yarm Medical Practice is a located on Worsall Road, Yarm and their mission statements is ‘We don’t provide a service – we provide care’.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01207 585 914 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.