Business Administration Apprentice Ormiston Horizon Academy
This is an exciting opportunity to join our enthusiastic and supportive admin team as a Business Administration Apprentice; a position that will offer the successful candidate to build on their experience and to work towards gaining a Level 3 qualification.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
18 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The overall purpose of the post is to provide clerical, administrative and financial support to the school. The post holder will be responsible for Administrative and receptionist duties – promoting a welcoming environment; promoting and supporting effective communication with school and parents, promoting and supporting effective day-to-day organisation within school
- Provide general clerical/admin support eg photocopying, filing, dealing with incoming mail, complete standard forms and respond to routine correspondence.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
- Undertake typing, word processing, other ICT-based tasks and reception duties.
- Undertake administrative procedures, which will involve assisting other admin support staff in a variety of roles .
- Maintain and collate student reports.
Systems, policies and procedures
- Contribute to the planning and development of administrative procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of and adherence to school administrative systems, policies and procedures.
Building professional relationship
- Communicates with other school staff and teachers, senior leadership team, pupils, parents/carers, suppliers, visitors.
Record keeping and information management
- Maintain and updating of records and systems.
Problem solving and decision making
- Makes decisions about own administrative work. Decision-making is short term; more complex decisions are referred to senior staff.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge for implementing a range of administrative procedures, including IT packages and systems.
- IT and keyboard skills.
Physical demands and working conditions
- Normal physical effort with a mixture of sitting, walking and carrying minor loads.
- Work normally carried out in an office environment.
As a term of your employment you may reasonably be expected to perform duties of a similar or related nature to those outlined in the job description.
Fluency in English
The post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of data entry and record keeping
- Willing to multi-task and take on a range of duties
- A pro-active, “can do” attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Has good organisational and time management skills
- Capable of learning new procedures and processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and outlook
- Mature attitude and approach
- Has good attention to detail
- Has a desire to work in the IT industry
- Team player
- Someone with a professional outlook
- Willing to learn
- Ability to take instructions
GCSE (or equivalent) Grades A*-C (9-4) in English and Maths
- Full time employment opportunity if one is available
Things to consider
Vacancy may close earlier as stated for the right candidate
About the employer
At OHA, our students, staff, families and governors work together to ensure we provide a first-class education for all of our learners. Our vision is simple and all of our stakeholders work tirelessly to achieve it:
At OHA, we provide an inspirational and ambitious learning journey to enable all our students to achieve beyond their Horizons
We provide exciting and creative opportunities for all our learners through a well-designed and thought-provoking curriculum and a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities; ranging from a variety of sporting and performing arts experience, to public speaking, Combined Cadet Force & Forest School. We believe our provision helps shape and develop the life chances of our students, giving them the support, structure and most importantly, the ambition to achieve great things.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Anthony Lowe 07881922192 email@example.com
- Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.