Early Years Practitioner Playworker Apprentice Growing Places
We are looking to welcome an Early Years Practitioner Playworker Apprentice for the children who access our services. This is a different role to the Nursery Apprenticeship already being advertised.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2022
£180.38 to £356.25
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
19 Aug 2022
24 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our Playworkers deliver exciting activities and challenges to the children who access our services. Playworkers are responsible for running activities, helping to set up and clear up the sessions and assisting the Play Leaders in caring for the group. You will have specific responsibility for groups of children aged 4-11 and will be their support and inspiration while they are here. You will need enthusiasm and imagination to welcome and provide an amazing experience for the children. We are particularly looking for people who can support the children to learn new skills/hobbies including sport, craft and outdoor adventure!
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure the children are cared for in a happy, safe, stimulating environment
- Help the lead playworker set up and lead a variety of engaging activities including sports, arts and crafts and outdoor adventure
- Engage with children between the ages of 4-11 years old
- Ensure the effective operation of the club as set out in our policies and procedures
- An induction training will take place on the week commencing 19th July
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- A curiosity to learn
- Be committed and enthusiastic with a passion for childcare
- Be reliable and punctual and work as part of a team
- For this standard, GCSE grades 4/C or equivalent is desirable, however, all applicants will be considered subject to initial assessment against the requirements of the standard
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel essential
- Willingness to learn is key
Progression into different roles within the company. The opportunity to travel to Reggio Emilia in Italy.
About the employer
Together we develop sociable, articulate, responsible, caring children with a tolerance, understanding and respect for each other and their community.
Our Growing Places approach is inspired by the values of the Reggio Emilia nurseries and pre-schools in Italy. This is an inspirational approach that builds a culture that respects childhood and allows each child to have daily opportunities to play, explore, discover, communicate and develop tolerant, understanding relationships.
Bringing together, children, parents and staff in a journey of education.
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Amy Stafford 07715 211891 firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study the following through this Apprenticeship:
- Apprenticeship as an Early Years Practitioner level 2
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- End Point Assessment
- English, maths and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery, either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.