Apprentice Commis Chef Shell Bay
Shell Bay is an exclusive restaurant and is looking for an apprentice Commis Chef. The job will be very varied but If you are looking for a career with a qualification within catering this is a great chance to gain the knowledge and experience that could take you into a fantastic industry.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
18 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
A fantastic opportunity to join an exclusive restuarant in the heart of Studland.
The team are looking for someone who would like to either take their first steps into catering, or someone looking to raise their current standards of catering. We are looking for someone to join the team on a full time basis (this will include 1 day a week at Weymouth college).
Experience isn't essential as full training will be provided, but a desire to learn and a passion for food is an absolute must.
The apprentice will need to be punctual, adaptable, possess the ability to execute dishes to the specifications given.
The job can be quite an intense and working in a fast paced environment, so keeping calm under pressure is a bonus, but will be learnt throughout your training program.
The ability to have a laugh and work within a team is vital.
Duties to include:
- Principles of basic food preparation and cooking
- Food safety standards, practices and procedures, and personal hygiene standards
- Stock checks, stock control and waste management
- Setting up, preparing and cleaning their working environment
- Identifying commonly used knives and equipment and their specific uses
- Team working and developing working relationships
If this sounds like a job for you, apply now!
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work within a team environment
- Able to use your own initiative at times
- Outstanding time keeping
- Methodical with ingredients
- An understanding of health and safety within a kitchen environment
- A passion for food and how it is prepared
- A can do attitude
- Calm approach
- A passion for the catering and hospitality industry
- Drive and enthusiasm to work in a high pressured but rewarding environment
GCSE math and English 4 or equivalents, or above.
Prospect of progression to a higher level apprenticeship qualification and to progress within the business. Prospect of a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship.
About the employer
Shell Bay is an exlusive restaurant located just 250 yards to the right as you come off the Sandbanks Ferry. Shell Bay has a fantastic a la carte menu packed with fresh, local seafood and produce from the surrounding areas. If you are hankering for a snack or a freshly brewed cup of coffee before a beach walk instead, we have garden seating (also with water views) and a bistro area where a light bite can be enjoyed.
In addition to this, Shell Bay are now licensed for the legal side of your big day and have also organized many blessings along the water with receptions to follow. With a West facing view of the sunset and with either informal BBQs or three-course wedding breakfasts to choose from, Shell Bay is a very popular wedding location in the Purbecks.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weymouth College
Cass Farrar firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal training to be provided by Weymouth College with informal, on the job training by the kitchen team at Shell Bay.
- Working towards the standard Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 1, and work towards the level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.