Care Assistant Apprentice The Rachel Gunter Company
An exciting opportunity to work for the Rachel Gunter Company as an Adult Care Worker, helping to provide 24 hour care for one person in their home. We are looking for a kind, motivated individual who will work well as a team when assisting nurses with tasks.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
18 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working under supervision, your main duties will be:
- Occupational Therapy
- Personal care
- Social care
- Assisting nurse with tasks e.g. observations
- Light domestic duties e.g. cooking and cleaning
- There is also the possibility of completing some office work
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good listening skills
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Good timekeeping
- Good literacy & numeracy skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Time-planning and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Motivated & willing to accept responsibility
- Keen to progress
- Willing to learn
- Positive attitude
- Excellent personal hygiene and presentation
- GCSE or equivalent in English Language and mathematics at grade 9 to 4 (A*- C)
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancy available at that time. It is our firm commitment to offer a permanent position wherever possible upon completion of your level 2 with the potential to progress to your level 3 qualification.
Things to consider
- Your working week will be 30 hours, Monday to Sunday including some evenings and weekends
- An interest in swimming would be ideal but not essential. You will have the opportunity to be trained as a pool assistant
- Holding a full driving licence while not essential, would be an advantage
- You will be trained in basic nursing skills
- Please note there is a cat on the premises
All training and assessment will occur in the workplace. Assessments will be undertaken by a representative from NSCG - Stafford College. College attendance will only be necessary if Functional Skills in maths and/or English are to be completed.
Throughout the apprenticeship process i.e. teaching, learning and assessment, you will be fully prepared to complete an End Point Assessment where you will be assessed through a combination of testing in controlled conditions, evidence produced in the workplace and recorded interview, therefore comprehensively examining the work you have completed
Interviews will be on-going and the vacancy will be withdrawn early if a suitable candidate is appointed. Please therefore complete your application as soon as possible.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Rachel Gunter Company are set up to provide 24 hour care for one person in their own home.
Located in Stafford.
The Rachel Gunter Company
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275660 email@example.com
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- The Care Certificate (where appropriate)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths & English (where appropriate)
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.