Equine Groom Apprentice Jonathan Shudall
Apprentice Groom to work on a professional show jumping yard (GSH Sports Horses) as an integral team member. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 20 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2022
23 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- All yard duties mucking out, turning out , training in bandaging platting clipping basic horse care and management
- Attending shows international and domestic and preparing horses for competition
- Depending on ability possibility of hacking etc.
- Handling foals/youngsters/stallions and assisting with breeding program
- Tacking up horses washing them off and general horse care
Requirements and prospects
- Basic horse experience
- Enthusiastic with a passion for horses
- Positive attitude to how you approach tasks
GCSES English and maths or equivalent are desirable however not essential as Functional Skills are offered as part of the Apprenticeship Framework.
Full time permanent position to work on our small personal friendly team and experience the international showjumping circuit home and abroad. Keep developing their horse knowledge and experience.
About the employer
Show Jumping Competition Yard
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship provider for this Level 2 apprenticeship.
•The employer will give guidance and support throughout
•Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
•This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.