Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprentice Sty-Leash Groomers
We are looking for a experienced candidate ready for a hands on grooming role. You will complete an online apprenticeship in Animal Welfare, alongside your employment. You must be a team player, and confident around animals.
Closing date: 21 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
16 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties may include:
- Dog Grooming - Washing / Drying / Cleaning.
- Feeding animals
- Calming the animals
Our apprentices will be signed onto an industry recognised qualification (Level 2 – Animal Welfare, certified by VetSkill) working with a leading training provider to achieve their full potential. We have dedicated staff who will provide coaching and mentoring support during your 15- 21 month apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Past Experience
- Team Player
- Calm around animals
- can take direction and work diligently
- Kind and welcoming candidates with a passion towards animals, specifically dogs in this position
- Passionate about animals and wanting a career in this industry
- Confident and keen to learn new skills
- 5 GCSE's C/4 grade and above or equivalent desired, must include Maths, English and Science
- A great stepping-stone onto a Level 3 Diploma in Animal Welfare qualification, subject to meeting additional entry requirements
Things to consider
Being on your feet all day, you could get wet . You will be handling animals, so you must be comfortable around them.
About the employer
Sty-Leash Dog Groomers have been open since 2014 and run by Groomer Jay Burton who brings over 20 years experience in her field.
Sty-Leash’s staff are all fully qualified and offer professional dog grooming from the Grooming Salon in Potters Bar.
All of Sty-Leash’s staff are huge dog lovers and we always put the welfare of Dogs at the very top of our priority list.
We are all qualified up to diploma level 4 and members of the Pet Industry Federation and the British Grooming Association.
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Charlotte Brooks 01708579278 CharlotteB@harrietellis.com
The duration of the course is a minimum of 15 months, with 12 months online and practical learning time, followed by three months preparation for the EPA (End Point Assessment).
The course covers following subjects:
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Animal Health & Welfare Animal
- Environment & Accommodation
- Handling of Animals
- Animal Feeding
- Animal Grooming
- Functional skills if needed
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.