Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant Living Care Pharmacy
A pharmacy group based in York are hoping to recruit a hardworking and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals, as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Jul 2022
16 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills and organisation skills are necessary as there are many interactions during the normal working day with other staff members, patients, and healthcare professionals
- Keen to progress
- Must be willing to work as part of a team
- Work hard to achieve the qualification they are working towards
- Willingness to learn
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) would be desirable but not essential as every candidate will be considered on Merit.
Full-time permanent role for the right person. Further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship.
Things to consider
If arriving by public transport, please check travel time before applying.
About the employer
The Pharmacy Group is a third generation family-owned business with 30 NHS community pharmacies across Yorkshire. Each one our Pharmacies is integrated into its local community and has a long history with the area in which it provides its services.
In 1984, our founder, pharmacist Barry Lestner, established our first community pharmacy in East Leeds.
In 1984, David Lestner qualified as a pharmacist and spent the next 30 years working closely with his father Barry and local General Practitioners, expanding The Pharmacy Group across the Yorkshire region.
His son, Jason Lestner qualified as a pharmacist in 2011 and worked alongside david to further expand The Pharmacy Group into new communities, whilst adding new specialist services such as care home pharmacy services and vaccination clinics.
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Woodspeen Training
philip Taylor 01484 429359 email@example.com
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- GPHC Approved Qualification.
- In-house training
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.