Dental Nurse Apprenticeship City Dental
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to train, learn and work towards becoming a fully qualified Dental Nurse at City Dental Practice located close to the centre of Leicester.
Closing date: 24 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
16 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The Dental Nurse Apprenticeship role will include the following day to day duties and responsibilities:
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Using all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Reception duties
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate must be computer literate and have excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to learn
- Well presented
GCSE Grade 4/C, equivalent or above in English and mathematics is a mandatory requiement for this position.
Most employers working with Leicester College are keen to offer permanent employment to a reliable, hardworking individual based on their performance throughout their Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be required to have a Hep B vaccination and a CRB check.
Attendance on the dental nursing course at Leicester College is mandatory requirement for this position. You will be given time off during your working week to complete all aspects of the advanced apprenticeship programme.
As of the 1st April 2021 the Apprentice NMW is £4.30 per hourand will increase to £4.81 from the 1st April 2022. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Interview date and possible start date are only a guideline. Interviews for this position could be arranged at any time after the closing date therefore the start date could alter.
Applications will only be accepted through the Apprenticeship online system not directly through the employer.
About the employer
City Dental Leicester is a family run practice in the heart of Leicester city centre. We are a busy NHS and private family practice and have been looking after the Leicester community for over 15 years. With state-of-the-art technology, regular training courses and an eye on current dental research developments, we do everything we can to ensure professional care for your teeth. And it goes without saying that friendly service and a relaxed atmosphere form a natural part of your visit.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
liz Lightowler 07917628655 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This Apprenticeship will include college attendance 2 days a month for classroom delivery sessions, alongside theory assignments and workplace observations, plus a knowledge-based exam.
Alongside the structured training programme offered through the Apprenticeship, City Dental will also provide you with a full induction programme and continuous mentoring and support from our experienced and qualified staff.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.