L2 Pharmacy Apprentice Standard B D HEALTHCARE LIMITED
Fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in science and an ability to learn fast to jump-start an exciting career in pharmacy. Are you looking to pursue a new career in Pharmacy where you can earn a salary whilst you learn and become qualified as a Medical professional?
Closing date: 08 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
16 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, either in a pharmacy or in a ward, and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to think on their feet and have the desire to learn
- Computer skills useful and the ability to work as a team
- Must also have good communication skills which can be further developed
- Positive, motivated, enthusiastic, honest and reliable
- Punctual, and with the attitude of wanting to learn new skills
- GCSE Grades C/4 or above to include maths and English or equivalent qualifications if possible
- Possibility of permanent post upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
About the employer
An independent pharmacy offering a range of services.
We offer a range of professional services as well as the fast and efficient dispensing of NHS and private prescriptions.
Some of our most popular in-store Pharmacy services include Free Stop Smoking Clinic.
We also offer NHS and other helpful services, including Weight Loss & Management advice and products.
- Prescriptions Dispensed
- Urgent prescriptions
- Emergency Supplies
- Repeat Prescription Service
- Repeat prescription collection and Delivery service
- Medicine Counter
- Healthcare products and support for self-care
- Pregnancy testing
- Emergency Hormonal Contraception
- Support for people with disabilities
- Private consultation area
- First Aid Supplies
- Information Leaflets
- Disposal of unwanted medicines
- Service to care homes
- Medication Usage Review (MUR)
- Vitamins and homeopathic medicine advice
- Health foods incl. gluten-free and diabetic
- Advice on healthy lifestyle
- Supervised methadone dispensing
Other Pharmacy services include:
- Advice on how to use dispensed and counter medications
- Safe disposal of unwanted medication
- General health advice on a range of conditions
- Needle exchange
- Winter flu jabs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2.
Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only).
Full time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.