Apprentice Hairdresser Y M K Hair
A busy and successful hairdressing salon based in the Wollaton are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the hair industry.
Closing date: 23 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Jan 2023
15 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
YMK Hair are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the hair industry. If you are passionate about pursuing a career as a hairdresser or stylist, this a fantastic opportunity to apply for! Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments -
- Meeting and Greeting clients, making refreshments and providing hospitality
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, Condition, Treat Hair & Scalp
- Change Hair Colours
- Set and Dress Hair
- Style and finish Hair
- Basic Hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
Requirements and prospects
About the employer
YMK Hair, Wollaton opened in 2012 and over the course of the last few years, we have welcomed many new clients through our doors.
We are a small passionate team with a commitment to deliver a first class service to all our clients, every visit. Our team have a vast amount of experience with each stylist specialising in a particular service.
We use Matrix colour and hair care ranges as well as Biolage, Insight and Olaplex. You can be assured of the best quality products being used throughout your visit.
Y M K Hair
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.