Engineer - Machinist Gedore Torque Ltd
Here is a exciting opportunity to join an established engineering firm with a focus on precision engineering. You will be a part of the team turning designs into reality and helping ensure the highest quality.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Aug 2022
12 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Are you interested in Engineering and how things are made? We have an exciting opportunity to join an established engineering firm that develops and manufactures precision industrial products. Do you want to see what Engineering has to offer and how you can fit into a team turning designs into reality? This role will have the opportunity to explore engineering and manufacturing while working alongside other R&D, Production and Quality Engineers.
With the R&D team you will:
- Work within a project team to manufacture prototype components for new products as per the development drawings
- Be involved with teams ensuring robustness of manufacture when rolled out into production and deciding the best methods of production are incorporated into design (DFM)
With the Production team you will:
- Modify/repair existing jigs and manufacture
- Create new jigs & fixtures to both drawings and specific needs
- Create/repair production parts to drawing using turning/milling/grinding/drilling
With the Quality team you will:
- Inspect parts to drawing including first-offs and in-process inspection of their own and other machinist’s part
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of trigonometry and other basic maths principles to allow calculation of tapers, chamfers, mid-limit dimensions, offsets, etc
- Experience with turning, milling, grinding, drilling. Materials could include steels, aluminium, plastics, wood
- Any programming capabilities (CNC, VBA, Arduino)
- Aware of dimensioning best practice and GD&T notation
- Demonstrable desire to be hands on
- Inquisitive mind-set
- Problem solver
- Professional, team orientated.
- Resilient, adaptable, organised, able to work independently.
- Friendly, approachable, willing to listen and learn
- You will require as a minimum GCSE in English and Maths at grade 4/C or above.
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, and subject to you meeting the criteria required, there may be an opportunity to continue with us as a full-time member of the team which could lead to an exciting and rewarding future career.
Things to consider
This role is a 3-year apprenticeship and as part of your apprenticeship you will be required to attend college day release and complete an Engineering Standard Apprenticeship qualification.
The wages increase each year, as long as the apprenticeship is progressing well.
Year one: 220 per week.
Year two: 260 per week.
Year three: 300 per week.
Year four: 340 per week.
Please seriously consider transport to work and College.
When answering questions, please give plenty of detail, including explanation of answers, plus examples.
About the employer
Gedore Torque, formally Torqueleader, are a leading UK manufacturer of Industrial Torque Tools. We produce a high- quality range of Torque Wrenches, Torque Screwdrivers and Torque Calibration Analysers.
We work towards the core values of innovation, precision, performance, solution, and quality which maintains our worldwide reputation as industry leaders of quality Torque Tools. We are committed to providing a high quality of service and continue to invest in our facilities ensuring we continue leading the world in Torque Tool technology.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Guildford College Of Further & Higher Education
MARK CHEN-WISHART 01865550480 firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- L3 Dip in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering - Machinist (Development Competence)
- L2 Dip in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L3 Diploma in Machining (Development knowledge)
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.