Early Years Apprentice PEPPERBERRY DAY NURSERIES LTD
Pepperberry Day Nursery's are looking to expand their team with a early years apprentice. Do you want to start a career working with children? Apply today!
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
11 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Observe, support and extend children's learning.
- Plan appropriately for children using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members. Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
- Work with the Childcare and Education team to continuously improve quality of childcare and education.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Child Protection Procedures.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Work with area SENCOs, EYFS advisors, health professionals and local Sure Start programmes as appropriate.
- Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS or relevant statutory regulations for Scotland and Wales, relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with advisory teachers, schools, area SENCOs and other agencies that may visit the setting.
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
- Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working with children 0- 5 years (not essential)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Understanding of the role of the ‘Key Person’
- A willingness to undertake further relevant training
- Ability to communicate effectively at a variety of levels including professional, practitioner, children, and families
- Great teamwork
- Commitment to work with parents/carers/families to encourage partnership working
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Previous level 2 qualification in child care would be an advantage
- Current First Aid at Work Qualification (not essential)
Potential to be taken on as a full-time employee upon the completion of this apprenticeship
About the employer
Pepperberry Day Nurseries was founded by husband and wife team Gillian and Anthony Akaraonye, who have 40 years experience educating young people. Inspired by their work with children, Gillian and Anthony then set up their own full time independent school for children ages 3-18 years and a nursery for children aged 0-5 years.
PEPPERBERRY DAY NURSERIES LTD
LEARNING CURVE (JAA) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Curve
Olivia Hodgson email@example.com
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills where needed
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.