Level 2 Production Chef Apprentice - The Angel Inn of Corbridge The Angel Of Corbridge
As a key member of the team; learn all aspects of the Angel kitchen operation, improve skills and techniques in all areas of the kitchen and food preparation areas of the business as well as continue the learning process of the apprenticeship programme as planned with the support of your colleagues and management.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
11 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for an Apprentice Production Chef to support our busy kitchen. You will learn as you work with chefs all aspects of the kitchen, from farm to table. Our locally sourced food will enable you to learn how to prepare meat in various ways without waste. As the apprentice chef you will be required to:
- Follow Programme for Sandwiches
- Follow Programme for Larder
- Follow Programme for Pastry
- Follow Programme for Sauce
- Learn New Skills and Techniques
- Complete your Apprenticeship Qualification
- Understand Angelfish Prep and Service
- Understand Angel Street Food Prep and Service
- Understand Angel at Home Prep and Service
- Understand Kitchen Financial Targets
- Understand Angel Food Hygiene Requirements
- Understand Menu Planning and Seasonal Supplies
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good Numeracy Skills
- Able to follow instructions and procedures with guidance
- Ability to plan and organise daily work with guidance
- Adaptable and able to deal with changing priorities
- Supportive and an effective team player
- Able to comply with legislation
- Able to multitask
- Be willing to learn
- Have a genuine passion for food and presentation
Quality, loyalty, product knowledge, value, ambience, conversation, recognition and attention
GCSE Maths/English C/5 or above.
Depending on the enthusiasm of the person, the possibility of full time employment in either kitchen, hotel, bar.
Things to consider
You must be able to travel to Haydon Bridge High School for your apprenticeship training.
You must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post in line with company opening times.
For further information and detailed job description please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the employer
The Angel dates back to 1569 and could possibly be the oldest ‘inn’ in Northumberland. We have a remarkably detailed and factual historical story to tell you and you can see most of it in several areas of our building.
Our history is really fascinating to our overseas visitors however, it has also captured the interest and curiosity of our Corbridge and Northumbrian guests too and we are always keen to elaborate.
Relax at the Angel with some great British hearty pub grub including a great local steak, amazing fish and chips, homemade sticky toffee pudding, or a traditional Sunday lunch.
THE NORTHUMBERLAND COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland Adult Learning Service
Joanne Thompson 01670 622099 email@example.com
Level 2 Production Chef standard
Level 1 Maths
Level 1 English
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.