Carpentry L3 PARKWORX LIMITED
This is a brilliant opportunity to become a Carpentry Apprentice for a Carpentry Company based in Teignmouth, which offers services across the South West. You will attend the PGL Training Centre for training one day a week. The business will support you throughout the Apprenticeship in conjunction with PGL Training as the Training Provider.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
13 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Getting vehicles ready for the day
- Working on Commercial and domestic sites
- Second fix duties
- Renovations work
- Refurbishing work
- Communication with customers
- Completing job sheets and time sheets
- Complying with health and safety regulations
- Installing bespoke second fixing components in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural or structural components in the workplace
- Set up and operate cutting and shaping machinery
- You may also install skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards and shelving, as well as door handles and locks (second fixings).
- Your duties will include handling and storing materials ready for use, assisting trade professionals and maintaining high levels of health and safety on site.
- Cutting timber, skirting boards and fit wooden structures, like floor and roof joists, roof timbers, partition walls, and door and window frames (first fixings).
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and well-being.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- Good written English Skills.
- Smart and presentable.
- Good use of measurements.
- At least 1 years experience
- Be aware of Health and Safety in the workplace and be prepared to listen, follow instructions and take guidance from experienced professionals.
- Good team player.
- Good time keeping.
- You should have a positive attitude and be keen with an eagerness to learn.
- You must be prepared to listen and follow instructions.
- A good work ethic is essential.
- Polite and kind.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Good practical skills.
- Eager and passionate.
Applicants will need to have a Level 2 qualification in Carpentry.
• Full Time progression.
Things to consider
Please make sure that you are able to travel to work each day. Having a Driving Licence would be a major advantage.
About the employer
Parkworx Ltd cover all aspects of building and carpentry works covering Exmouth to Brixham and surrounding areas.
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Hannah Peacock 07539360307 email@example.com
- Functional Skills English Level 2 if needed
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2 if needed
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations Level 3
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.