DAF Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship Channel Commercials Plc
Working alongside qualified technicians who will be dealing with all aspects of the maintenance and repair of heavy vehicles.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
11 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity to work for DAF as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. The course is fully supported with all of the training you require to become fully qualified. With the rapid increase in the complexity of today’s trucks – and the technology needed to keep them up and running – first class training for those involved in the vital servicing and maintenance of these vehicles has become more important than ever. The DAF Apprentice Programme gives you the chance to join the select group of specialist technicians working on some of the most modern, sophisticated trucks on the road.
The day to day tasks include:
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Following health and safety procedures
- All aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair
Requirements and prospects
- Full training will be provided, no skills required
- A keen interest in heavy vehicles, excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The employer is looking for an apprentice that is very hard working and motivated to learn new skills
- Minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent (A-C 9-4 for English and maths preferable).
- DAF believes in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil all ambitions for a career in the motor industry and with such a wide range of skills instilled, an Apprentice can move into any other area of the motor industry.
About the employer
As a leading commercial vehicle dealer in Kent, we have factory trained technicians at four locations (Ashford, Strood, Sevenoaks and Canterbury), who are able to offer 24 hours Servicing, 365 days of the year for commercial vehicles, that will get you back on the road in no time, minimizing the impact to your business.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Tommy McMullen 01923216165 email@example.com
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician Level 3
Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained at a DAF garage they will attend City of Bristol College four times a year for two week periods to work towards their VRQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. An advisor will visit at least every six weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- VCQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Technical Certificate – IMI Diploma Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.