Apprentice Early Years Assistant Elettra Marziani
To provide a high quality childcare within a positive, safe and happy environment and with the daily running of the childcare setting.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Total hours per week: 22.50
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
14 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- To help plan, provide and take part in play-based activities that stimulate and support children’s learning and development
- To listen to, encourage and support children in their play, learning and development
- To assist and support children with personal care requirements. This may include changing nappies, assisting with toileting needs, changing clothes and shoes and helping children at meal times
- To accompany the children and registered person on regular trips, for example to playgroups or on other planned outings
- To abide by all policies and procedures in place within the setting at all times and be aware of Ofsted requirements
- To help to ensure the setting is a safe environment by following health and safety procedures and checking equipment is safe to use and age appropriate
- To be aware of the settings Child Protection Policy and the signs and symptoms of child abuse
- To be aware of emergency procedures and what procedures are to be followed in the event of an accident or incident. First Aid training will be arranged within the first 6 months of employment
- To be aware of infection control and ensure good hygiene standards
- To ensure all administration and paperwork records are maintained as directed by the registered person and to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These might include accident / incident reports, attendance records, equipment cleaning and maintenance records and personal work time sheets
- To build and maintain positive relationships with the children, families who use the service, the registered person and other people the service is in regular contact with, for example at playgroups, schools and play centres
- To listen to, follow instructions and communicate well with the registered person. Any concerns or issues should be raised immediately, or the Whistleblowing / Raising Concerns Procedure followed. Any ideas or suggestions to improve any aspect of the service should be shared with the registered person
- To abide by the service’s confidentiality policy at all times. All information regarding the children and families who use the service, the registered person and their family is strictly confidential and cannot be discussed with a third party without the registered person’s specific permission, or in an emergency situation
- To undergo any induction and training procedures as requested by the registered person and in keeping with Ofsted / Care Inspectorate requirements
- To refresh and update training as required and take responsibility for own professional development
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Can do attitude
To work as a nursery nurse.
About the employer
Nice employer - happy to sponsor and invest in their staff
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Rebecca Barnes email@example.com
Over the course of 18 months (dependent upon the level of course an apprentice is being enrolled onto), you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.