Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship (New Hatches Livery Fitness and Rehabilitation Centre) Brian John Naylor & Bronwen Frances Naylor
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual looking to develop their skills in Horse Care. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team handling and caring for our horses.
Closing date: 07 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
12 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team handling and caring for our horses in the varying environment of equine rehabilitation and fitness.
A high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the company image we pride ourselves on.
Yard Duties will include but not limited to:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/ long reining
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hard working team at this livery and rehabilitation yard. You will have opportunities to work along side vets and other professionals with rehabilitation and fitness cases, stud work and training on our Salt Water Treadmill Within the role the successful candidate will be working towards a Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship and may progress to a Level 3 Senior Groom Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Horse handling experience (details of which must be shown on your application)
- Good communication skills
- Team work
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Keen to learn
- Applicants should not already hold a Level 2 Equine qualification
- The opportunity to move onto a Level 3 Senior Groom Apprenticeship should the position be available for a suitable candidate
Things to consider
- Accommodation may be available.
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a well established family run Livery and Rehabilitation Centre offering learners the unique opportunity of a variety of experience from General yard duties, stable management, working along side Vets and other professionals with rehabilitation and fitness cases, Stud work and training on our Salt Water Treadmill
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by KEITS Training Services Ltd
Heidi Clear and Bethany Wylie email@example.com
- Full training will be provided to support the successful applicant through their Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship
- Training will also be provided to support the learner through any Functional Skills required
Level 2 (GCSE)