Apprentice Premises Officer RAWLINS ACADEMY
Are you looking for a career in Facilities Management? Rawlins Academy in Quorn, Leicestershire has a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join their Facilities team as an Apprentice Premises Officer. This is a chance to work in a busy and dynamic school and to acquire skills and knowledge.
Closing date: 24 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
26 May 2022
11 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Apprentice Premises Officer will be responsible for assisting the premises team with the general upkeep of the academy premises and grounds, and for providing a safe, secure, clean and warm environment for all children, staff and visitors.
Key responsibilities - what you are responsible for:
- To assist in the set-up of academy events, such as assemblies, lunch, open evenings and performances
- Litter picking and emptying of bins
- Undertaking scheduled checks of systems, equipment and facilities
- General maintenance and upkeep of the site and its fittings
- Assist in refurbishment work undertaken by the Premises Team
- Distributing parcels and other materials to the relevant areas of the school
- Assist in first aid (after training)
- To assist the cleaning team, if required
- Ensure entrance gates and doors are locked or opened as appropriate
- Accompany contractors/visitors
- To receive training in the setting of alarm systems and responding appropriately to activation of alarms
Health & Safety:
- To ensure the safe delivery and storage of chemicals and other materials on the site
- To deal with maintenance issues which would impact on health and safety as a priority
To perform any other duties which may reasonably be required by the Premises Manager or other senior staff in charge of facilities.
Commitment to Rawlins values which are based on Christian values.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Reliability and integrity
- Ability to manage time effectively
- The ability to engender a team spirit and a pride in Rawlins
- Good relationships with staff and students
- Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support
GCSEs at grades E/2 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English (If you do not already meet these criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at).
To secure permanent position within the business.
Things to consider
Satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS clearance are essential.
As an apprentice you can apply for an NUS Apprentice extra card which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
About the employer
Secondary School with Sixth Form based in Quorn, Leicestershire. Two specialists’ units (moderate learning difficulties and Autism base). 1564 pupils currently on roll. Secondary School with Sixth Form based in Quorn, Leicestershire. Two specialists’ units (moderate learning difficulties and Autism base). 1564 pupils currently on roll.
BMC (BROOKSBY MELTON COLLEGE)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Brooksby Melton College
Apprenticeship Team (SMB College Group) 01530519001 email@example.com
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Block release to our Stephenson campus, Coalville. (Part of the SMB Group)
- Functional skills if necessary
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training
- Manual Handling
- Other training to be identified
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.