Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship BRIDGE MULTI-ACADEMY TRUST
The right candidate will be flexible, friendly and committed to driving children's learning forward across Key Stage 2. We will be able to give excellent support the development of the appointed individual in completing their apprenticeship.
Closing date: 25 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
11 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Level 3 teaching assistant apprenticeship:
We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, positive and innovative apprentice who will be working within our KS2 class.
- Support children and teachers across the school
- You will be working with groups of children (Some who may have SEN) supporting their learning
- Assisting teaching staff with their day to day activities
- Developing strategies
- Support and encourage pupils to move towards independent learning
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in education and in working with children
- Good communication and 'people' skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Tact and sensitivity
- A responsible attitude
- The ability to be firm when necessary
- Passionate about making a change
- Good communicator
GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4/C or above in maths and English.
On completion of your apprenticeship full-time employment/ career progression will be reviewed.
About the employer
Bridge Schools Trust opened in November 2013 following an approach from the Department for Education for Wadebridge Primary Academy to sponsor another large primary school in Cornwall. Since then the Trust has grown to include 14 primary schools and is managed from a centrally located office in Callywith Gate, Bodmin by:
- An independent Board of Trustees who oversee the strategic management of the Trust.
- Chief Executive with over 30 years’ experience in education, with 3 headships, who worked as an Ofsted Inspector for 6 years.
- A dedicated school improvement team of outstanding practitioners and specialist staff.
- A centralised operations team, specialising in Finance, HR, Administration, Estates, IT management and Health & Safety, providing key support services across the Trust.
- To continue building a Trust that promotes strong values, an excellent education for all children, develops highly effective Teams, is financially secure, and ensures effective governance.
- To nurture, support and encourage aspirations by providing excellent learning opportunities, inspiring teaching environments, and a creative approach to curriculum subjects that secures engagement from all our learners resulting in high levels of academic progress and outcomes.
- To develop outstanding leadership, teaching and support teams by valuing committed, reflective staff, and providing rigorous and challenging professional development for continual School Improvement.
- To develop hubs as centres of learning excellence to disseminate best practice, firstly within and then beyond, the Trust.
- To successfully engage and communicate with parents/carers in our local communities, supporting pupil progress, well-being and achievement.
Additional location information
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
Over the 15-18-month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills, and Knowledge
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.