Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant Davenport Pharmacy
A pharmacy based in Stockport are hoping to recruit a hardworking and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals, as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
31 May 2022
10 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Patient consultations (after training)
- Dispensing medicine
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills and organisation skills are necessary as there are many interactions during the normal working day with other staff members, patients, and healthcare professionals
- Keen to progress
- Must be willing to work as part of a team
- Work hard to achieve the qualification they are working towards
- Willingness to learn
GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) are essential for this role.
- Full-time permanent role for the right person
- Further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship
Things to consider
If arriving by public transport, please check travel time before applying.
If a suitable candidate is recruited before the closing date then this vacancy will be closed early.
About the employer
Davenport Pharmacy are an independent community pharmacy that looks after the needs of the local community.
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Woodspeen Training
Kim Morrison 07872 836511 email@example.com
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills Level 1 (If required)
- Own in-house training
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.