Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship St Pauls Catholic College
St Pauls Catholic College are looking to recruit for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice, the apprentice will shadow a full time teacher to learn what it takes to become a proficient TA.
Closing date: 08 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Jun 2022
09 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Our teaching assistant apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery.
Duties will include:
- Support the teacher within the classroom and help students with the understanding of the work the teacher has supplied
- Work closely with teachers to ensure own contribution aligns with the teaching
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives for children with a variety of needs
- Deliver/lead small group teaching within clearly defined/planned parameters using initiative, sensitivity and understanding
- Raise standards of achievement for all pupils
- Encourage pupils to become more independent learners
- Provide support for their emotional, social, and physical welfare
- Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- Work under the direction of the line manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
- Contribute to a range of assessment processes and use information effectively for example: written records
- Use specific feedback to help pupils make progress
- Apply good subject knowledge to support accurate assessment
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in working all pupils at various learning stages
- A team player
- Reliable, committed, and punctual attitude
- Hard working ethic
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential to progress into full-time employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Things to consider
Safeguarding, Prevent, and Equal Opportunities:
Let Me Play, LMP Education and Inspire ATA are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to safer recruitment policies, safeguarding, the prevent duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
About the employer
I am very proud to serve St Paul's Catholic College as Headteacher.
St Paul's is a happy and thriving community which continues to grow with each year that passes. Children are well-cared for, happy and valued, in a school that has an established reputation for excellence.
This year is the second year where the achievements of the students have not been assessed through the traditional method of final exams at the end of the GCSE/A Level courses. This year’s process has been based upon grades awarded by schools, based on the evidence available to them that students had completed by the end of their studies. Despite this change to the process, there has been some incredible success for our youngsters and we praise their achievements. These results are a true reflection of our pupils’ high level of ambition and dedication to their studies, and place St Paul’s in the top 10% of schools nationally where it has been for the last few years.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Louise 07511 878565 firstname.lastname@example.org
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.