Apprentice Precision Engineer - Machinist Level 3 Pathway Phoenix Pattern & Tool Co Ltd
The apprentice will be working and learning alongside experienced engineers in the role, which includes: milling, turning, drilling, using of hand tools, assembling and finishing tools, Faro arm finished inspections with training to use Auto-Desk Power Inspect.
Closing date: 25 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
10 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Using of hand tools
- Assembling and finishing tools
- Faro arm finished inspections with training to use Auto-Desk Power Inspect
Requirements and prospects
- No previous experience required, but if a candidate can demostrate an interest or hobby in engineering this would be beneficial
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Enthusiastic about engineering
- Minimum: GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
- For the right candidate, there will be a position which will include operating and setting CNC machines
- This will lead to training on programming CNC machines using Auto-Desk Power Mill and further training for the inspection department. There is also the prospect of working in the design department designing tooling on CAD using Auto Desk Power Shape
Things to consider
- Please ensure you are able to travel to Aldridge WS9 8UG as part of your college training 3 days per week for the first 18 months
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
About the employer
The Phoenix Pattern and Tool Company is a successful, privately owned company established in 1985. Our core business revolves around the manufacture of models and tooling in various materials to service industry.
We utilise CAD/CAM machining technology and have a comprehensive on side CAD facility utilising the latest software for the production of tooling in house. The vast majority of our machinery is modern and considerable investment in plant and equipment is evident.
We have a highly skilled and well-motivated workforce, which includes Patternmakers, Toolmakers and CAD/CAM Engineers.
The Phoenix Pattern & Tool Co. Ltd. Has established a continuous record of growth, investment and innovation to ensure its prominent position in the industry.
We have a policy of continuous development and improvement and are dedicated to the quality objectives as set out in our quality system.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 07341 866305 firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a four year level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard and will require the successful apprentice to attend college, In-Comm Training Services - Aldridge, WS9 8UG, three days per week for the first 18 months and two days per week at the company site. After this you will attend college one day per week for the remaining two years.
The training will include:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Conducting Business Improvement Techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Milling Machines
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD System
- Producing Engineering Project Plans
- General Welding Applications
- Preparing and Using CNC Machining Centres
- Functional Skills (maths, English and ICT) if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.