Apprentice Fabricator Welder LH Sleightholme Ltd
L H Sleightholme in Helperthorpe have the opportunity for an Apprentice Fabricator Welder to join their team of skilled engineers. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
10 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Day to day duties will include:
- Layout, position and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, drawings and using straightedge, combination square, callipers and rulers
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies using MIG, electric, gas, arc or other welding equipment
- Conduct inspection and quality of products; rectifying issues if required
- Perform hand-weld and/or machine welds as required
- Cutting of materials and assembly of products as necessary
- Loading and unloading of products and supplies
Whilst active in this role, you must give constant attention to:
- All aspects of Health and Safety within your given work area
- All aspects of house-keeping ensuring a clean and tidy work area
- Be mindful at all times of product quality and customer satisfaction
Requirements and prospects
- Good mathematical ability
- Good communication skills
- The ability to interpret diagrams and forms
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- To be able to work as part of a team
- A willingness to learn
Due to the rural location of this vacancy, you will need access to your own transport as L H Sleightholme is not on a public transport route. It is your responsibility to get to and from your workplace as an apprentice.
- We recommend that all applicants have achieved, or are working towards achieving a minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) in English, maths and Science or equivalent
- A full-time position will be offered to the apprentice who shows a willigness to learn and a drive to succeed
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
To apply for this vacancy you will need to complete Derwent Training's recruitment procedure so make sure you check your emails for the infromation. If successful your details with be forwarded to the employer.
About the employer
L H Sleightholme Ltd have been in the Structural Steelwork, Steel Erection, Steel Fabrication and Steel Cladding business for over 40 years.
Combining a structural steelwork, roofing and cladding service gives main contractors and clients one less interface (between sub-contractors) to worry about and is becoming a preferred route for projects to take.
Derwent Training Association
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwent Training Association
Nichola Zanda 01653 697698 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will undertake on-the-job training at L H Sleightholme where you will receive mentoring from a skilled engineer to learn the skills, knowledge and behaviours to become competent in your role
- You will then attend Derwent Training in Malton one day a week to complete the Technical Qualifications as part of the Apprenticeship
You will complete the following elements:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (including a range of Level 2 Practical units)
- Portfolio of Evidence (Workplace Qualification)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and/or English (if required)
As part of the Apprenticeship Standard you will be required to pass an End-Point Assessment to gain your certification.
Level 3 (A level)