Apprentice Early Years Educator - Eckington, Sheffield - S21 4BH - Ref: ZH The Manor House Nursery
The Manor House Nursery has a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual to join the team as an Apprentice Early Years Educator. Childcare Level 2 qualification required or if you have experience working with children before we will welcome your application.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
11 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The main duties for this job role are as follows:
- Provide a full and varied plan of safe, entertaining, and creative play, to ensure each child reaches their full potential
- Recording observations and updating individual children records
- Put forward ideas for planning topics and activities
- Check all toys and equipment in the nursery always considering health and safety
- Ensure that all daily routines are followed
- Prepare snacks for children within the setting
- Adhere to all the nurseries policies
- Ensure that confidentiality is always applied to children, staff, parents, and carers
- Be responsible for setting up, carrying out and evaluating activities
- Carry out activities and cleaning duties when required within the nursery
- Ensuring the premises are clean and tidy in preparation for the following day
- Attend regular meetings with other staff members
- Flexibility to be shown by all staff, to cover in other rooms as and when required
- Carry out any request made by the manager immediately
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate on all levels (to children, carers, parents and or guardians)
- Previous experience or qualification is advantageous
- A happy, positive attitude and approach to work always
- Ability to always use own initiative and common sense
- To provide a caring environment for all children
- A passion for working with children
Should you have already attained a level 2 qualification (or equivalent) and you are looking to progress onto level 3 ideally you will have GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
If you do not hold the level 2 qualification but have relevant and workplace experience then please do apply.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship placement, you may be offered a full-time position subject to the needs of the business.
About the employer
Welcome to The Manor House Nursery & Welcome to The Manor House Nursery & Pre-School
We provide high quality childcare for children aged 3 months to 8 years, in a bright, spacious and stimulating environment where children are encouraged to learn through play. The building is set in beautiful gardens, giving your child ample opportunity to explore and enjoy having fun.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Zoe Harrop 07764966274 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Apprentices must successfully complete the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.