Apprentice Multi-Skilled Engineer North Sea Winches Ltd
North Sea Winches have a strong history of apprenticeships and aim to offer valuable training and experience which benefit both the business and the individual. They are looking for a Multi-Skilled Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
10 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Day to day duties will include:
- Use of all workshop machine tools
- Manual turning and milling
- CNC turning, milling and boring
- Flame cutting and welding
- Gear cutting
- Fitting and assembly
- Electrical and hydraulic circuits
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills
- Good team working skills
- Williang to learn
- To be able to use your own initiative
- Able to prioritise your work
- A high standard of performance
- Organised and structured in your approach
- Good level of education - especially STEM
- A genuine interest in engineering with a desire to learn and develop
- A can-do attitude and approach
- Confident in getting involved
- Inquisitive to learn and understand
- Hardworking and conscientious
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) in maths, English and Science
- A full-time position will be offered to an apprentice who shows determination and hard work during the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Candidates must be able to travel to North Sea Winches and Derwent Training
- To apply for this vacancy you will need to complete a Derwent Training online application form and submit a CV. Once completed we will send you a log on to access a Maths & English assessment test. When we have got the results we will arrange a remote interview with a member of our Business Support team. Should you be successful we will forward your details to the employer.
About the employer
With over forty years of trading, North Sea Winches have implemented lessons learnt in the harsh environment of the North Sea to provide customers with dependable, reliable, hardworking and cost-effective machinery.
They specialise in the design and manufacture of marine, offshore, oil and gas as well as onshore industrial winches and equipment for a wide variety of customers.
Derwent Training Association
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwent Training Association
Nichola Zanda 01653 697698 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will undertake on-the-job training at North Sea Winches where you will receive mentoring from an engineer to learn the Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours to become competent in your role.
You will then attend Derwent Training in Malton one day a week to complete the Technical Qualifications as part of the Apprenticeship.
As part of the Apprenticeship Standard you will be required to pass an End Point Assessment to gain your certification.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.