Early Years Apprentice Kozy Cottage Childcare Ltd
To ensure operational policies and procedures implemented by Kozy Cottage childcare are adhered to, ensuring relevant legislation is met. To contribute to inspiring and ambitious practice Adhere to Health and Safety Policies and risk assessments. To participate in the emergency and security procedures such as emergency evacuation, door security
Closing date: 27 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
10 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- To ensure operational policies and procedures implemented by Kozy Cottage childcare are adhered to, ensuring relevant legislation is met.
- To contribute to inspiring and ambitious practice
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policies and risk assessments.
- To participate in the emergency and security procedures such as emergency evacuation, door security and e-safety.
- Be alert to issues of safeguarding, ensuring that the welfare and safety of the children and adults is paramount, recording and reporting any concerns to the DSL.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in practice, ensuring relevant documentation is completed as required.
- Active involvement in staff meetings, which support continually evolving high standards of practice.
- To work with colleagues in room planning, observation, and assessment to ensure the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting children’s individual needs and interests.
- To understand key children’s culture, level of development and identify next steps with line manager’s support.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive family information whilst adhering to child protection policy and procedures.
- To undertake such other duties as reasonably respected by the Manager to work in a flexible way when occasions that tasks arise which are not specifically covered in their job description.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills – knowledge of different computer packages
- Good keyboard skills
- Numerate and Literate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as individually
- Able to deal with children/parents sensitively and keep information confidential
- Reliable and punctual
- Friendly and polite
- Honest and trustworthy
Maths and English GCSE at grade 4-9 or equivalent.
Could lead to full time employment
About the employer
Small nursery setting
Kozy Cottage Childcare Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
Level 3 Standard in Early Years
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.