Apprentice Early Years Practitioner - Doncaster - DN2 6AY - Ref: ZH DONCASTER DEAF TRUST
Little Learners Day Nursery are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, caring and compassionate Apprentice Early Years Practitioner to join our Outstanding Day Nursery
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
10 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Brief Description of Responsibilities:
- To maintain and take guidance from appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are met always
- To develop a good knowledge of the curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and take support from the Room Coordinator in using planning to deliver effective activities which stimulate and extend children’s learning
- To become involved in the role of Key Person, with support from the Room Coordinator to complete effective assessments and recording systems
- To demonstrate care and sensitivity toward children and families within the facility
- To provide an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging
- To ensure compliance with ‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’.
- To maintain all necessary records to meet internal, DMBC and OFSTED requirements
- To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices. To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise and report any necessary matters
- To participate in training and staff meetings as directed by the Manager
- To perform any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the Manager
Main Job Objectives:
- Assisting with the operation of the nursery facility under the direction of the Room Manager and Nursery Management Team
- Maintaining excellent liaison and communication with other staff, parents and children
- Providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment in which children are nurtured and can play and develop
- Ensuring the effective implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Be flexible in your approach and have a friendly disposition
- Ability to take direction and manage workloads
- Willingness to undertake further learning
- To take an active involvement in the delivery of weekly planned activities to suit the age and stage of development of the children within your care
- To ensure the safety of all children always and ensure that all children’s needs are met to the highest of standards
Ideally you will have GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent).
Some previous work experience (Paid or unpaid) in a workplace environment.
We are looking to add to our team, so once the apprenticeship has been completed, there is the opportunity to continue their employment and progression.
Things to consider
Ongoing continuous professional development is actively encouraged. Successful appointments will be subject to relevant Safer Recruitment checks, including identity; references; DBS; training and qualifications.
We can Offer You...
- A high-quality working environment
- Generous rates of pay
- Guaranteed working hours
- Fantastic training and career development opportunities, including Level 1 British Sign Language
- Closure week during the summer holidays and Christmas break
- Paid Bank Holidays
- Uniform provided
- Discounted childcare
- Pension scheme
About the employer
Little Learners Day Nursery welcomes young children, whatever their cultural, ethnic, religious or social backgrounds, and with or without additional needs.
Our Nursery was founded in 2001 and operates as a Private, Voluntary and Independent day care facility within the grounds of The Doncaster Deaf Trust. We have a large practitioner base that hold or are working towards a relevant Level 3 qualification in Childcare. Our Senior Management Team are qualified to Degree Level from Level 5 to master’s in early Years, overseen by an Executive Principal and Board of Governors and Trustees.
We are registered and graded Outstanding by Ofsted (registration number: EY318526) to provide childcare and education for children aged from 6 weeks to 11 years.
Proud members of the National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA) holding a Platinum Quality Counts and Millie's Mark award, endorsed by NDNA. We run a curriculum defined by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and have achieved the Inclusion Quality Mark for exemplary inclusive practice.
Our specialist 24-acre site offers learning through play in the open spaces of a well-maintained environment, conveniently located for the town centre. The Nursery has easy drop-off facilities and a free car park with designated spaces for parents/carers.
Our Nursery is designed and equipped to a high standard and boasts excellent access throughout with all areas open-plan with access to age-allocated and secure outdoor play spaces. We also have a modern sensory room to support the development of discovery and communication skills.
We benefit from additional support services including a speech and language therapist, audiologist and school nurse.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Zoe Harrop 07764966274 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT if required
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.