Bricklaying Apprentice CROUDACE HOMES GROUP LIMITED
Assisting with general building works including labouring, groundworks and bricklaying.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
09 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Measuring work areas and setting out the first rows of bricks or blocks
- Mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer
- Applying mortar with a trowel and laying bricks on top of each other
- Shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Checking that rows are straight using a spirit level and plumb line
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Good practical skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A positive attitude
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A good attention to detail
GCSE grades A-D (9-3) in maths and English are essential (or equivalant qualification)
There may be opportunities for progression and a possibility of a permanent position subject to performance, academic achievement and desire to progress into Site Management as well as availability of a local Site.
Things to consider
Early starts and working outside in all weathers.
About the employer
The Croudace Homes Group is a privately owned house building company operating in both the private and public housing sectors throughout the south east of England.
We employ 324 employees and have two regional offices. Our Head office is in Caterham, Surrey and Regional Office is in Letchworth, Hertfordshire.
Currently we have 9 live sites in the North Thames region and 8 live sites in the South Thames region
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 email@example.com
Working towards completing Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.