Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship - Level 2 - Sheffcare Ltd Sheffcare Ltd
To provide quality care to service users in a manner which will maximise their quality of life. To act as a Key Worker for designated service users.
Closing date: 03 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
09 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
To promote and adhere to the workplace values of Sheffcare:
- Care will be delivered with compassion, dignity and respect, putting the person at the very heart of care delivery
- We ensure our care is safe, effective, individualised and is continually monitored and improved to meet new standards
- We actively value the contribution of all our staff and volunteers through recognition, training and development
- To provide quality care to service users in a manner which will maximize their quality of life
- To act as a Key Worker for designated service users
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be aware of and work within company policies and procedures (as determined by Sheffcare Board/Chief Executive) ensuring that all applicable legislation is implemented and adhered to
- To participate in the formulation of individual care plans in conjunction with Team Leader within the Key Worker role
- To provide individual personal care for service users in accordance with the individual care plan, having regard for their intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs, taking account of their ethnic and cultural background
- To provide appropriate care for sick people when necessary, which may involve coping with severe illness, dying and bereavement
- To undertake medication training and once deemed competent to administer medication in line with Sheffcare policies and procedures
- To accompany service users where necessary, to hospital, clinics and general practitioner appointments and associated services, including social activities.
- To sluice, wash, iron and distribute service users' clothing and bedding as appropriate, undertaking basic sewing/clothes repair as necessary
- To tidy and clean service users' personal space including the washing of chairs, commodes, wheelchairs and aids and adaptations as necessary
- To undertake domestic tasks for the benefit of service users, for example, maintaining general hygiene within communal areas e.g. pot washing, vacuuming etc
- To undertake all duties/tasks relating to maintaining people's nutritional needs, as per individual care plan
- To promote and maintain independence respecting people's privacy and dignity, ensuring confidentiality
- Greet and deal with all visitors in a professional manner
- To monitor and record security and safety of the premises and the wellbeing of service users' to comply with company policy
- To understand and comply with fire precaution procedures and health and safety regulations
- To participate in meetings, reviews, staff development, appraisal and supervision as required within company policies
- To participate flexibly in rotas and routines as required by the company
- To attend / undertake and fully participate in training as required by the company
- To undertake any other duties applicable to the grade and post
- To record and report effectively through the company’s recording and information systems as required
- Any other reasonable request made by a member of the management team
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprenticeship framework (Functional Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Apprenticeships start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
- It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employer’s Vacancy Criteria.
- Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application.
Requirements and prospects
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- The ability to work well with others
- Sensitivity and understanding
- A desire to help people
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent functional skills are desirable but not essential.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the job role you MUST be over the age of 19.
It is required by law that you are to be fully covid vaccinated.
We have vacancies in 10 care homes in and around the Sheffield Area.
Interviews will be held at a location in Sheffield, if successful you will be required to bring with you:
- Photographic proof of ID
- Qualification certificates
- National Insurance Number
Please ensure travel to this employer's location is realistic and something you could commit to.
About the employer
Sheffcare is a registered charity, operating in Sheffield and serving the needs of over 1000 older people. The company began operating as a not for profit company in 1994, when a number of care homes were transferred out of local authority ownership into the ownership of the company. The organisational vision was to secure the provision of services and provide high quality care for older people in Sheffield at the lowest possible price. The organisational vision was to secure the provision of services and provide high quality care for older people in Sheffield at the lowest possible price. The charity has now been operating for over 20 years and this element of the vision remains the same. The needs, wishes and aspirations of our clients remain paramount and everything we do is focussed on improving the experiences of our service users.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Amanda Ogley 01226216166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery to be completed on-site and 20% off the job training either at Barnsley College or your place of work
Student to complete an Intermediate Technical Certificate as an Adult care Worker Apprentice.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)