Apprentice Nursery Nurse BELMONT FARM NURSERY SCHOOL LIMITED
The role will involve supporting your room manager with the day to day running of the routine, while upholding all policies and procedures, and to ensure that the setting is providing outstanding learning outcomes for all children who attend through inspirational activities and by having clear and robust methods of communication with all staff.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
£20,000.00 - £23,000.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
08 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To ensure high standards of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children in the nursery.
- To support and motivate other personnel, implement the daily routine in their room and follow the nursery policies and procedures at all times.
- To complete observation on all children and focusing particularly on their key children.
- To assess children’s development and plan and carry out activities based on their interests and areas requiring improvement, following the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To keep their key children’s learning journeys up-to-date and strong communication links with their parents.
- To make sure that the provision has an outstanding environment meeting the needs of all children from differing cultures, religious backgrounds and stages of development.
- To ensure that children experience a happy, safe and secure environment at all times.
- To ensure poorly children are comfortable and looked after.
- To wash and change children as necessary.
- To liaise with parents and other family members and share their child’s learning with them.
- To ensure confidentiality of information received.
- To follow the nursery policies and procedures at all times and uphold the nursery standards at all times.
- To promote good practice.
- To record any incidents and accidents following the correct policies and procedures.
- To report any signs of illness, injury or accident injury to management team.
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the health and safety standards.
- To undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery such as washing, laundry, meal and snack preparation and other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature determined from time to time by the management team.
- To support all staff and engage in a good team.
- To take part in all out of hours activities such as training, staff meetings, summer fairs, Christmas party ect.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed, especially in other rooms.
- To undertake any other duties as specified by a senior member of staff.
(This list is by no means exhaustive and as your role develops there may be changes or additions to this list. You will be required to support the needs of the business within your role throughout your working hours at the nursery.)
Requirements and prospects
Ideally GCSE Maths and English at a C/4 grade or above, and a Level 2 childcare/early years certification.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will achieve industry recognised qualifications and invaluable experience.
Things to consider
Although this apprenticeship is currently being offered to someone as a Level 3, applications from a Level 3 qualified practitioner who is looking to study at Level 5 will also be considered.
The wage range listed will depend on the successful applicant's prior knowledge and experience.
About the employer
Belmont Nursery School has been developed to offer outstanding childcare from an outdoors holistic perspective. The school is lead by Victoria McAvoy who has worked in childcare for over 10 years. During that time, she has worked with a variety of professionals and settings. She has an inspirational passion for childcare and loves seeing children grown and develop into confident, well-balanced individuals. Child-led learning forms the foundation of what all the teachers and practitioners strive to develop; where we explore their interests, curiosity and thoughts.
Victoria truly believes that the first five years of a child’s life are the most important for their development and future. With this in mind she ensures each child is provided with care that teaches them life skills, independence, curiosity and new experiences. Here at Belmont Farm Nursery we have the facilities, staff and passion to give each child a unique start in life.
BELMONT FARM NURSERY SCHOOL LIMITED
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Early years educator
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Please refer to the DfE list of approved EYE qualifications:
Over 15-18 months (depending on the level of programme decided upon), you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.