Apprentice Childminder Assistant Happyheroes Aylesbury
To help run a busy home nursery. The job will involve Room set up for different activities in the day indoors and outdoors, Nappy changing, feeding throughout the day. Help with the planning and monitoring children's progress in junction with EYFS.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 44.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
09 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Set out activity in all play areas indoors and outdoors
- Deal with wet and dirty nappies
- Meal time preparation
- Clean and tidy up after meals
- Make sure daily time sheets are done
- Children's progress to be monitored and observed with notes to be made
- Write down daily diaries for parents to see
- Clean up at the end of the day and set up for the next day, all bins to be emptied daily
- Engage in playful learning with the children
- Make sure all policies and procedures are followed daily
- Must not use personal mobile phone or take any pictures of children in the setting
- Must respect confidentiality at all times as this would breach your contract
- Good spoken English reading and writing
- Excellent communication skills
Requirements and prospects
- Working with children
- Work experience in School or Play groups
- Baby sitting experience
- Any experience working with children aged 1-7 would be desirable
Fun loving and caring person who loves children
Enthusiastic and bubbly who can make a difference in childrens' lives and be part of their learning development
GCSE Math & English minimum grade 3/D (L2 apprenticeship)
GCSE Math & English minimum grade 4/C (L3 apprenticeship)
To become a permanent member of staff
Things to consider
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS.
All shortlisted applicants will be expected to:
Confirm their ability to travel to and from this place of work
Have a passion to study the qualification and a good understanding of the profession
Research the company before applying for this vacancy
Applicants will be expected to have researched how they will get to and from work taking into account access to own transport or public transport and the associated costs.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are currently £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds; £8.36 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.91 for those over 25.
For apprentices aged 19 or over, once you reach the 2nd year of your apprenticeship you will be entitled to the national minimum wage for your age group.
About the employer
Happyheroes is a home nursery setting and provides care for children aged 1 - 7 years.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aylesbury College
Nashreen Kassam 07598 458912 Nk_01@hotmail.co.uk
Level 2 Early years practitioner qualification
First Aid training and Safeguarding training will be provided
Support with working towards a Level 2 Childcare qualification depending on prior qualification and experience.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)