Apprentice Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Bakers Dolphin Coach Travel
Are you wanting to start your career in the automotive industry? S&B are recruiting on behalf of Bakers Dolphin who are looking to recruit. This is an exciting role for anyone looking to access this as a career and is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2022
07 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled team that is committed to quality. You will train to become a qualified Vehicle Damage Panel Technician; the successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects. You will work independently and as part of a team following a defined process, using the skills to correctly identify the different body panel types and have the ability to use the correct repair tools to carry out the work to the highest possible standard.
You will receive training and support throughout your qualification the successful candidate will learn to remove, repair and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently, using a variety of body repair panel tools, equipment and devices. Duties to include:
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
- Removing damaged panels
- Refitting new/repaired panels
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
- Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Problem solving
- Have good attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- Be safety conscious
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
- Be patient and well organised
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent)
- Predicated grades are accepted but any offer will be provisional until proof of results is provided
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company
Things to consider
- The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
- Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
- Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Established 1889, Bakers Dolphin is an award-winning Coach Operator based in the South West of England.
It’s hardly surprising that after almost 130 years the company has become the experts in coaches and holiday travel, and now have one of the largest fleets around! From seven-seater mini-buses, 30 to 57 seat coaches through to our 49-seat executive touring coaches, 79-seat double-decker and top of the range Gold Coaches
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Matthew Hunt 07863 136692 firstname.lastname@example.org
S&B Automotive Academy is a specialist automotive apprenticeship training provider located in Bedminster, Bristol. S&B works in partnership Bakers Dolphin to deliver the Body/Panel apprenticeship training programme over a 3-year period that concludes in an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.