Apprentice Bus & Coach Technician Bakers Dolphin Coach Travel
Are you wanting to start your career in the automotive industry? S&B Automotive Academy are recruiting on behalf of Bakers Dolphin who are looking to recruit. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a skilled work force that is committed to quality. You will inspect, diagnose, repair and test equipment and systems.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2022
07 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
We currently have an opening for an apprentice bus & coach technician specialising in the maintenance and repair of buses and coaches. We are looking for a passionate, forward-thinking candidate, who take pride in their work to help build and maintain a fleet of vehicles.
The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard. Vehicles are becoming increasingly complex, and it is essential that technicians are fully trained to work on the latest vehicle technology. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking person to work in the automotive industry.
Tasks the successful candidate can expect to carry out:
- Vehicle servicing
- General repairs
- Suspension repairs
- Brake inspections and repairs
- Safety inspection
- General maintenance of Buses & Coaches
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
- A passion for engineering
- Able to demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude
- Proactive, highly motivated and keen to develop new skills
- Numerate with good attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Demonstrable abilities of honesty and reliability
- GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent)
- Predicated grades are accepted but any offer will be provisional until proof of results is provided
- Full training to level 3. At the successful completion of training the intention is for the apprentice to be offered full-time employment as a skilled Bus & Coach Technician
- Further training may be made available for IRTEC (Institute of Road Transport Engineers) or a management qualification. As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
Things to consider
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment
About the employer
Established 1889, Bakers Dolphin is an award-winning Coach Operator based in the South West of England.
It’s hardly surprising that after almost 130 years the company has become the experts in coaches and holiday travel, and now have one of the largest fleets around! From seven-seater mini-buses, 30 to 57 seat coaches through to our 49-seat executive touring coaches, 79-seat double-decker and top of the range Gold Coaches
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Matthew Hunt 07863 136692 firstname.lastname@example.org
S&B Automotive Academy is a specialist automotive training provider located in Bristol; S&B works in partnership with Bakers Dolphin to deliver the Bus & Coach apprenticeship programme over a 3-year period which culminates in an end point assessment.
Training is provided at work and at a specialist training provider S&B Automotive Academy on block release (usually six one-week blocks per year) this means you may be required to travel to the college and stay in accommodation whilst on blocks for the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. The successful applicant will be mentored in the workplace by the employer who will support and monitor progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a week
As part of the apprenticeship the apprentice will need to achieve Functional Skills at Level 2 in maths and English before they can complete the end point assessment
Bus and coach engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.