Level 3 Childcare Apprentice St Johns Church School C Of E Aided
Childcare Practitioners will deliver a high standard of quality care and education for children aged 2 years to school age, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation. You will be reporting to the Preschool Manager.
Closing date: 24 May 2022
£156.33 - £292.50
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
31 May 2022
07 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Ensuring a high standard of care and education for the children at all times.
- Delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum for small and large groups of children, as well as their own group of key children.
- Recording observations for key children to inform their planning, assessment, and learning.
- Attending planning meetings.
- Completing key person time each week to have time with their key children to extend and focus their learning.
- Providing written reports on each child's progress and next steps.
- Reporting to parents at annual consultation regarding their child's development Learning and Support Strategies.
- Contributing at planning meetings each week with ideas regarding topics, themes and projects for the children relating to their interests.
- Implementing the daily routine consistently and delivering fun, age appropriate activities.
- Being aware of their key children's next steps in order to extend and develop their interests and learning opportunities.
- Supporting children on an individual and group basis to allow them to develop and progress to the best of their abilities.
The Preschool Environment:
- Creating a fun and stimulating environment for the children, setting up for the planned activities and tidying away at the end of each session.
- Supervising children throughout all activities, supporting them at meal times and encouraging independence skills.
- Attending staff meetings and training courses as necessary. These may be outside working hours stated.
- Be punctual each day, arriving before the shift time.
- Undertaking additional duties and responsibilities from the Team Leader and Manager and management e.g. cleaning, filing, completing book bags.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Customer service.
- Ability to promote positive behaviour.
- Good observation skills.
- Creativity and imagination.
- Planning and organisation.
- Good time keeping.
- Passionate about working with children.
- Ability to relate well to both adults and children.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm, resilience and the ability to work under pressure.
- GCSE A-C grade Maths/English (or equivalent).
- IT Qualification.
For a successful candidate, there may be the opportunity of a permanent position within the business. Dependant on performance.
Things to consider
If successful, you would be subject to an enhanced DBS check as part of the employment checks completed by the employer
About the employer
Childcare Practitioners will deliver a high standard of quality care and education for children aged 2 years to school age, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation. Reporting to the Preschool Manager
City College Peterborough
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Peterborough
Apprenticeships Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Training will be provided by City College Peterborough. Training is work based meaning you spend full time in the placement and be released into college when needed. This includes functional skills classes where applicable.
The apprentice will work towards the following:
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Educator Level 3 Standard
More information about the standard can be found here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/early-years-educator-v1-2
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.