Nursery Practitioner Apprentice Tiny Adventures Limited
Support the nursery’s commitment on safeguarding children. To work within our Early Years Team, supporting the planning & implementation of activities with individual or groups of children, promoting effective teaching and learning. Undertake a variety of duties, adhere consistently to the settings policies, procedures & code of conduct.
Closing date: 29 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Jul 2022
08 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- At Tiny Adventures Nursery, our passion is to ensure each child reaches their full potential within a loving, nurturing, safe and stimulating environment.
- As an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner, you will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children.
- Our ideal candidate will be positive and enthusiastic, a team player who is passionate about supporting children with their development.
- You will support the team staff within the setting, providing an enabling environment where children can learn through play.
- While working in the setting you will be expected to complete a Level 3 in Early Years and maintain excellent progress with your studies which will provide you with the underpinning knowledge required to carry out the role to a high standard.
- We are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join us at our Ofsted rated Good nursery.
Nursery Practitioner Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment, and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Prepare and supervise activities
- Flexible and prepared to carry out all tasks and duties as required while supporting the staff team.
- Preparation of snacks and clearing away
- Cleaning equipment, ensuring it is safe and fit for purpose
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff, and visitors
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- Always maintain an excellent level of professionalism
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the children
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in an early years setting
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable & Punctual
- Caring and nurturing nature
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and full of ideas to encourage learning and development
- GCSE or equivalent English and Maths
- Please note, if you already hold a level 2 in Childcare, you might be considered for a level 3; please still apply
Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
- Being part of a close-knit team
- 20 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Welcoming culture where staff wellbeing is valued
- Other company benefits
About the employer
Our nursery has a large outdoor area that consists of two play areas which we utilise fully. Children enjoy exploring the wooded area of the garden to see what plants and animals they can find. The also enjoy using the paved area and smaller grassed area for bikes, cars, balls and slides. We have a fantastic maze where the children can explore and get lost. Don’t worry, it is only about three feet high so they will always be found again by one of our vigilant members of staff.
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Steph Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners must be aged 16 or over. We do not set any other entry requirements but employers may have their own guidelines at the recruitment stage.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for The Early Years Practitioner:
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce. This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge ofworking with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.