Apprentice Dental Nurse Harlow Dental Practice ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team. You will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Jul 2022
08 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
We are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
We are a friendly and well-established practice in Leicester and are looking for someone to join our growing team.
As a dental nurse, your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- The successful candidate must be reliable and organised
- Keen to learn
- Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a hardworking attitude
- They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work
- You must always be of a smart and professional appearance, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSEs at grades C/4 and above or equivalent in maths and English
- An initial assessment for maths and English is also required
- Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer
There are good career progression opportunities, for example Hygienist & Practice Management and many other industry professions for the right person.
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
References may be requested from either previous employer or education provider.
Applicants should ideally live within a 5-mile radius of the practice and be flexible.
About the employer
Nuffield House Dental is a wonderful dental practice located in Harlow. All of our team members are fully qualified, friendly and professional. We welcome passionate and enthusiastic applicants to help support you in becoming a fully qualified dental nurse.
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Henry Smith 01604 871340 Henry@asatraining.co.uk
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.