Apprentice Logistics Operative CSB Logistics Ltd
To complete our Apprenticeship programme, you will have been trained in all the core skills required to be a fully qualified member of our operations team.
Closing date: 03 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 42.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
06 Sep 2022
06 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Role: Apprentice Logistics Operative
Reports to: Operations Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
- Maintain a keen and responsible attitude to work and learning throughout the apprenticeship with the goal of becoming a fully qualified member of the team.
- Gain a full understanding of the Logistics Centre functions and processes.
- Attain certificates for safe operation of forklifts and gantry crane – and other standard operational and safety training requirements.
Day-to-Day Functions – The following is a summary of main duties, and does not cover all responsibilities:
- Maintaining clean and well-organised warehouses, yards and storage areas
- Competent crane and forklift operation in accordance with approved training qualifications
- Organisation and unloading / loading of deliveries and collections
- Acting as Traffic Marshall / Banksman / Signaller with approved training qualifications
- Competent slinging for crane lifts in accordance with approved training qualifications
- Storage area measurement and location referencing
- Recording of delivery and inventory information
- Labelling inventory and customer / project areas
- Picking and packing
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills & body language
- Eagerness to learn and apply new skills
- Logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work without supervision
- Punctuality – Being in the right place at the right time
- Self-motivation and discipline
- Positive attitude
- Works well in a team
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Respectful of colleagues and senior staff and visitors
- Able to apply initiative and common-sense
- Maths and English GCSE grade 3/D, or level 1 equivalent, to meet the entry requirements of the apprenticeship programme
- Counterbalance Forklift License
- Overhead Gantry Crane qualification
- Slinger/Signaller qualification
Things to consider
As a leading logistics provider to major projects in London, CSB has played a vital role in the construction of many of the city’s iconic buildings, like The Shard. Our Logistics Operatives are the people that make this happen – and specialist training is required for this skilled and responsible job. Basic weekly working Hours are 08:00-1700 for over 18's, or to 16:30 if under 18 and total basic hours are 42.5 per week, limited to 40 hrs if under 18.
Overtime working may be required before 08:00 and after 17:00 on weekdays and possible weekend work (only available to over 18s)
30 minute lunch break (unpaid) each day and a 15 minute break each morning and afternoon as directed by Management
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
CSB Logistics is a family business, established in 1989, originally specialising in export packing and shipping of machinery for overseas engineering projects.
During the 90s, the business started providing offsite storage of project materials and site delivery management for the early development of Canary Wharf.
Now, CSB has become a leading logistics provider in London’s construction, engineering and FM projects.
CSB’s Apprenticeship Scheme has proved to be a huge success in producing skilled Logistics Operatives.
Getting the right goods, in the right place, at the right time is a key principle of logistics – CSB ensures the right people, with the right skills, are in the right place.
Video on CSB’s Apprenticeships: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kHGFCJ-3rg
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Diane Ridgley 07855701273 email@example.com
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills if needed
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.