Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician VANTECH COMMERCIALS LTD
Are you wanting to start your career in the automotive industry? S&B are recruiting on behalf of Vantech who are looking to recruit a Light Vehicle Apprentice. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2022
07 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers vehicles to a very high standard. On this apprenticeship you will earn while you learn gaining a nationally recognised qualification and a future career. Modern cars are becoming increasingly complex, and it is essential that today’s technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
The aim of this 3-year apprenticeship programme is to equip our apprentices with the skills and knowledge to competently service, maintain and repair our range of vehicles. Technicians are trained in all areas of vehicle mechanics and electronics, from engine and exhaust systems to air conditioning and security features. With this apprenticeship the opportunities are endless, and the successful candidate can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership.
The duties of a Light Vehicle Technician may include:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn may include
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- Be safety conscious
- Be patient & well organised
- Comfortable with the use of up-to-date information technology
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent)
- Predicated grades are accepted
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to employees
Things to consider
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
About the employer
Service and repairs of vans minibuses, commercials and cars. Class 7,5,4 mots, no job to big or small.
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Matthew Hunt 07863 136692 firstname.lastname@example.org
S&B Automotive Academy is a Specialist Automotive Training Provider located in Bristol. S&B works in partnership with Vantech to offer the Light Vehicle Apprenticeship programme over a 3-year period which culminates in an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via seven one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if not already achieved)
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.