Apprentice Nursery Assistant EDUC8ME (UK) LIMITED
We would love to hear from you if you can work as part of a team, organise activities and interact closely with young children - you may be able to join a team that is dedicated to providing a high standard of care to children aged between 3mths – 5yrs.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
30 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To support qualified staff with daily routine the nursery and to be an active member of the team Ensuring that all children receive high quality care.
- Ensuring all children in your care are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs.
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse (on the job) working practically as part of the team.
- To learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children with the help from our existing team.
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals.
- To learn about the EYFS and ensure it is carried out, this will include observations on children, planning activities to help children develop.
- Follow nurseries policies and procedures, attend meetings and to be a team member.
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication
- Computer and technical literacy
- Interpersonal abilities
- Teamwork skills
- Diversity sensitivity
- Planning and organizing
- Leadership and management
- Adaptability and flexibility: The candidate should be open to new ideas and concepts and can work independently or as part of a team, changing gears when required, whether multitasking or adapting working hours and locale.
- Professionalism and work ethic: This person should be a productive worker with positive work ethics who stick with challenges until they meet them.
- Positive attitude and energy: The candidate must have a positive outlook and energetic, organized behaviour.
Level 2 in children preferred but not essential A to C grades in Maths and English or equivalent.
Things to consider
A childcare qualification is desirable but not essential as full induction training will be given and NVQ training can also be provided.
Successful applicants must undertake an enhanced criminal record check and provide suitable references.
Salary will be dependent on experience and level of qualification.
About the employer
The Childcare Company provides online training in childcare, playwork ,supporting teaching and learning and Business administration.
Our online teaching and learning platform, the Laser, provides all your learning materials, and e-portfolio and also acts as a communication system between you and your assessor. The Laser is user-friendly, easy to navigate and has won awards for its innovation. It means learners no longer need to take time out to go to college but can get an even better learning experience by combining the best of online learning with workplace experience.
The Laser provides learning resources in the forms of filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and reading.
You will be assigned to an assessor for the duration of your course. Your assessor will guide you, set your work, mark all your work and help you with anything you need. At the end of your training you will achieve a diploma in Early Years that is a recognised qualification in the childcare sector.
As part of your training you will cover ERR unit, Technical certificate and functional skills in Maths English and ICT.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Claudia Worthington 01753 596 004 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017