Apprentice Toolmaker and Die Technician William King Ltd
Toolmaker Apprentice required to work alongside a die maintenance team to carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on tooling to improve manufacturing efficiency, tooling reliability and product quality to meet customer requirements.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Toolmaker Apprentice to work alongside the die maintenance team, performing the following duties:
- Work alongside a die maintenance team to carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on tooling, to improve manufacturing efficiency, tooling reliability and product quality to meet customer requirements
- Basic knowledge of press tool setting, and operation will be taught. Working in a safe and orderly manner in all areas of operations
- Tooling inventory to be monitored and replaced when necessary, using company ordering system
- Work to key performance indicators in your department
- Attend tooling breakdowns to identify the root cause and solve the problem
- Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others
Requirements and prospects
- No previous experience is required but engineering studies/hobbies would be advantageous
- Good maths and science knowledge
- Computer literate
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Positive approach to work and learning
- Capable of working in teams as well as independently
- Willing to learn and commit to this apprenticeship
- Flexible and adaptable
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English, maths and a science.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship the successful candidates can expect a full-time position at the company.
Things to consider
Please ensure you can travel to college in Aldridge, WS9 8UG as you will be required to attend there on a full-time basis for the first 12 months.
About the employer
William King is a leading independent metals service centre. Together with Mi-King Ltd and Mi-King sro, we are industry leaders in the supply of steel strip mill and aluminium products. Our range of materials includes Mild Steel, Stainless Steel Tinplate, ECCS, Blackplate, Pre-painted steel and Aluminium.
From our base in West Bromwich in the heart of the UK, we buy and sell steel and other metal products on a global basis and have established long term supply partnerships in all the major metal consuming sectors, including the automotive, consumer durable, packaging and construction industries.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a four-year apprenticeship resulting in a Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, Toolmaking pathway. You will be required to attend college, In-Comm Training Services Limited, in Aldridge, full time for the first 12 months as part of this training, which will include:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisation Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Conducting Business Improvement Techniques
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Assembling and Testing Fluid Power Systems
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and Using Milling Machines
- Preparing and Using Grinding Machines
- Preparing and Using CNC Machining Centres
- General Welding Applications
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.