Apprentice Early Years Educator - Sandhurst Station Nursery, Surrey, GU15 4PJ - Ref: ZH Sandhurst Station Nursery Group
Sandhurst Station Nursery has a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual to join the part of the Childcare care team. The ideal candidate will already hold the level 2 qualification in childcare (or equivalent).
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The main duties for this job role are as follows:
- Check all toys and equipment in the nursery always considering health and safety
- Ensure that all daily routines are followed
- Prepare snacks for children within the setting
- Provide a full and varied plan of safe, entertaining, and creative play, to ensure each child reaches their full potential
- Recording observations and updating individual children records
- Put forward ideas for planning topics and activities
- Adhere to all the nurseries policies
- Ensure that confidentiality is always applied to children, staff, parents, and carers
- Be responsible for setting up, carrying out and evaluating activities
- Carry out activities and cleaning duties when required within the nursery
- Ensuring the premises are clean and tidy in preparation for the following day
- Attend regular meetings with other staff members
- Flexibility to be shown by all staff, to cover in other rooms as and when required
- Carry out any request made by the manager immediately
- Always promote and advertise the Nursery in a positive way (This may include leaflet distribution)
- Report any concerns regarding a child to the manager, in confidence
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good level of written and spoken English skills
- A happy, positive attitude and approach to work at all times
- Ability to always use own initiative and common sense
- To provide a caring environment for all children
- Ensure that everyone is made to feel welcome within the nursery: Children, Parents, Visitors and Staff
You have already attained a level 2 Diploma in Childcare (or equivalent) and you’re looking to progress onto a level 3 we will require GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship placement, you may be offered a full-time position subject to the needs of the business.
Things to consider
Please ensure you can commute to and from the business within a respectable time.
About the employer
Sandhurst Station Nursery is located within the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst estate in Camberley. It offers high standards of childcare and education for children aged between 14 months and 5 years. The nursery follows the Government’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in order to provide a safe environment and stable educational support.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Zoe Harrop 07764966274 email@example.com
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.