Apprentice IT Support Technician Frank H Dale Ltd
Assist with day to day IT and support issues. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to undertake an IT Support Technician apprenticeship.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Nov 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Help users troubleshoot day-to-day IT support issues
- Record, prioritise, and report on support incidents
- Provide basic instructional training to staff where necessary
- Fixing computers and issues on-site and in the workshop
- Using initiative to learn and be up to date with the latest technologies
- Perform scheduled maintenance on computer systems to ensure efficient operations
- This position will provide exposure to other areas of IT such as software development, infrastructure and networking
Requirements and prospects
- Higher than average knowledge of computer systems.
- Knowledge of the command line.
- Any experience with Linux systems.
- A willingness to learn on your own and share ideas with the team.
- Enthusiastic about IT as a whole.
- Confident in communicating with users of all skill levels
- GCSE A-C in Maths & English or equivalent qulifications
Full time role on satisfactory completion of apprenticeship. Access to a wide range of technology areas covering the entire business processes. This position will provide exposure to other areas of IT such as software development, infrastructure and networking.
Things to consider
Some work on IT systems are completed out of hours (servers etc), normally planned in advance, with time in lieu or OT. The expectations for an apprentice are low, and mainly provided for the experience of planning out procedures.
Please note: County Training will likely be in contact with you by phone and by email with updates about this vacancy. Please check your voicemail and inbox often for updates.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Frank H. Dale is a major structural steel fabricator that was founded in 1932 in the Herefordshire market town of Leominster.
We offer the complete in house steel design, detailing, fabrication, painting and erection of a diverse range of structures, from single and multi-span portal frames to high bay warehousing and multi storey post and beam type structures.
Frank H Dale Ltd
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
COUNTY TRAINING 0345 678 9023 firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
Work place assessment with one of County Training’s highly experienced workplace Assessors, including as an example, completion of assignments, project, and observation of workplace activities.
There may also be a requirement to attend formal teaching sessions to enhance knowledge or work towards completion of functional skills (if required).
There is also a requirement for you to keep an off the job log which is an important part of your Apprenticeship Programme.
Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
Personal Learning and Thinking.
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.