Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprentice Kings Farm
We are a fast paced kennel. The right applicant will experience entertaining and playing with the animals. Whilst working, the applicant will also be studying towards the Level 2 Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprenticeship Standard.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Jun 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties may include:
- Dog walking
- Feeding animals
- Playing with the animals
Our apprentices will be signed onto an industry recognised qualification (Level 2 – Animal Welfare) working with a leading training provider to achieve their full potential. We have dedicated staff who will provide coaching and mentoring support during your 12-15-month apprenticeship.
Apprentices will receive the NMW for apprentices.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Kind and welcoming candidates with a passion towards animals, specifically dogs in this position
- Passionate about animals and would like a career in this industry
- Confident and keen to learn new skills
- 5 GCSE's C/4 grade and above or equivalent desired, must include maths, English and science
- A great stepping-stone onto a Level 3 Diploma in Animal Welfare qualification, subject to meeting additional entry requirements
About the employer
We are looking for a hard working apprentice to join our friendly team who work at a fast paced kennels!
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Abby Woodhams 01708776050 Abby@harrietellis.com
The duration of the course is 15 months, with 12 months online and practical learning time, followed by three months preparation for the EPA (End Point Assessment).
The course covers following subjects:
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Animal Health & Welfare Animal
- Environment & Accommodation
- Handling of Animals
- Animal Feeding
- Animal Grooming
- Functional skills if needed
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.