Commis Chef Apprentice Lancaster Arms (Leicester) Ltd
Working alongside Executive & Senior Chefs, preparing fresh food, largely from scratch, learning the trade in a lively, friendly restaurant. Also, the Apprentice will be involved in menu and specials planning encompassing all the aspects that entails.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Jun 2022
07 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful applicant will be working directly with the Executive Chef in all aspects of kitchen work including, but not limited to;
- Food preparation and service
- Cleaning procedures
- Menu/Specials planning and implementation
- Costing of menus
- Best practice
- Time management in a working environment
Requirements and prospects
- Basic understanding of a professional kitchen environment
- Eager to learn and improve
- A love of fresh food
- Good organisational skills
- GCSE maths and English Grade E/3 or above (or equivalent)
- Full time role as part of our kitchen team
About the employer
We’re located in the pretty village of Desford in Leicestershire, on the King Richard III tourist trail – en route between Leicester and The Battle of Bosworth site. The Lancaster Arms and its brand with Richard’s boar, honours both sides of this battle.
A truly cosy country pub, Trip advisor has given The Lancaster Arms Certificate of Excellence 2019 with visitors describing the pub to be “Practically Perfect” and “a proper hidden gem”.
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
The Apprenticeship will consist of the following:
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.