Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Market Place Dental Health Practice
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and popular dental practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the team and train to become a qualified Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
£182.78 to £361.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The Dental Nurse Apprenticeship role will include the following day to day duties and responsibilities:
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Using all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Reception duties
Requirements and prospects
We are seeking a person with excellent communication skills, who has the ability to adapt to meet the needs of the patients in surgery. You will also need to be IT literate.
The successful candidate will need to be reliable, punctual, well presented and have the ability to adapt to situations as they arise. You will need to have energy, enthusiasm and the willingness to learn new skills and complete the Apprenticeship course to become a qualified Dental Nurse.
English and maths GCSE grade C 4/5 or above, or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications are a mandatory requirement for this role.
Potential for being retained as full time member of staff upon completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The practice is busy, and you will be exposed to the sight of blood. The successful candidate will be expected to work hard towards gaining their formal qualifications.
The successful candidate will be required to have a Hep B and their Covid-19 vaccinations, a DBS check will also be required.
Attendance on the dental nursing course at Leicester College is a mandatory requirement for this position.
As of the 1st of April 2021, the Apprentice NMW is £4.30 per hour and will increase to £4.81 from the 1st of April 2022. This applies to 16–18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Interview, closing date possible start dates are only a guideline as interviews for this position will be held on an ongoing basis, therefore the start date could alter as the vacancy will close as soon as a successful candidate is selected.
Applications will only be accepted through the apprenticeship online system not directly through the employer.
About the employer
Market Place Dental is based in Uppingham which is a market town in Rutland, off the A47 between Leicester and Peterborough, 6 miles south of the county town, Oakham.
Market Place Dental Health Practice
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Liz Lightowler 07917628655 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Dental Nurse Standard.
The Dental Nurse role complements the role of other dental professionals. One of the primary roles is to provide chairside support to dental professionals and deliver a high level of patient care.
Dental Nurses may work in a variety of clinical environments and the Apprenticeship reflects all aspects of clinical responsibilities and duties of a dental nurse’s role and will provide the apprentice with the relevant qualification to apply to the General Dental Council (GDC) for professional registration as a dental nurse.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.