Production Chef Apprentice QUINN HOSPITALITY LIMITED
The Pudding Pantry are looking for an apprentice chef to learn the ropes and create delicious homemade dishes from scratch at their Sherwood site.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Jun 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Within this role you will gain skills and qualifications pivotal to becoming a professional chef.
Working in a fast paced and busy kitchen you will gain practical experience in the day to day duties involved in working in a professional kitchen.
Duties and topics covered across the role will include but are not limited to:
- Modern cooking techniques
- Knife skills
- Plating and presentation skills
- Preparing sauces, brunch items for service, soups and garnish
- Dealing with deliveries, stock control & ordering
- Assisting on prep days and preparing ingredients for senior staff
- Allergies and intolerances
- Importance of cleaning
- Learn stock control, ordering and how to design delicious menus
- Other reasonable tasks may be assigned in order to gain more in-depth knowledge of a fast paced working kitchen environment
Opportunity to increase wages based on how well you progress in your course, up to £8.91 per hour. Progress reviewed and chance of potential pay increases every 3 months if required skills are met.
Requirements and prospects
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills
- They will be able to demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- You wish to become a skilled cook/chef in a high quality food establishment
- You have a strong interest in food and cooking skills
- You are enthusiastic to learn while improving your creativity
- Can work to their own initiative
- Team player
- Can prioritise
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
A*-D/9-4 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship. Progress reviewed and chance of potential pay increases every 3 months if required skills are met.
About the employer
QUINN HOSPITALITY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Production Chef Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1/2
- End Point Assessment
Link to Production Chef Standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.