Sports Coach Level 4 Apprentice EAST ANGLIA COACHING LIMITED
The coach will connect with all participants as individuals, using their name & building a good rapport. Be actively involved in all sessions, ensuring all the children are participating & having fun. Help all children learn with demonstrations & positive feedback. To be effective and adaptable when working in the team to ensure running of classes.
Closing date: 13 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Jul 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Duties will include:
- To be actively involved in every session
- To help build confidence in the children and leaders with positive communications
- To coach a small group of children efficiently with minimal input
- To deal with behavior issues correctly using the EAC guidelines
- To be effective and adaptable when working within a team
- To ensure no child is overlooked
- To clearly explain and describe all activities clearly
The Coach will learn to apply this knowledge in work environments and be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Planning and adapting sessions and activities that respond to customer feedback and encourage customers to develop a lifelong activity habit
- Coaching or leading pre-planned sport or physical activity sessions that are attractive to the target audience(s) and develop motivational relationships with customers
- Promoting a physical activity offer, (including but not exclusively) organised play and sport in the community which supports individuals on their behaviour change journey
- Working collaboratively with sports clubs and other community assets - including volunteers, public services, youth workers, the police and community champions
- Supporting customers to co-produce rewarding volunteering opportunities
- Supporting families to participate together in sport and physical activity
- Working effectively with customer insight to overcome individual, community and societal barriers to participation in physical activity and sport
- Contributing to the employer’s design of activities and services and practising the employer’s organisation’s values, policies and procedures
- Contributing to teams that deliver community events and festivals
- Supporting organisations to evaluate, develop and promote sessions and other opportunities such as outdoor group exercise and informal social play
- Maintaining personal safety and wellbeing, as well as that of customers
- Managing disruptive behaviours from individuals within the group setting
- Encouraging customers to be regularly active - both formally and informally - within sports clubs or leisure facilities including open-space
- Effectively using social media and technology, appropriately, to deliver targeted messages to identified customer groups for example children, teenagers, adults and older adults
- Effectively monitor and evaluate activities, sessions and projects using technology platforms to maintain accurate records and produce timely reports
Requirements and prospects
- Successful application of tactics and strategies to empower people from inactive and hard to reach populations to take up an active lifestyle
- Successful application of a range of approaches that bring about changes in attitudes and behaviours within target communities
- Supporting people within target communities to become involved in the preparation, planning and delivery of sport and active lifestyles
- Using local insight and customer-orientated marketing skills to attract high priority groups into existing leisure, parks and sport infrastructure
- Negotiation, lobbying and brokerage skills with local partners across public health, community development and anti social behaviour
- A strong work ethic including attention to detail, willingness to adapt to change, and time management
- A positive attitude to work and act as a role model within their local community
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Truthful, sincere and trustworthy in their actions; can demonstrate integrity by doing the right thing; exhibits high levels of emotional intelligence
- A willingness to learn and contribute to their own continuing professional development
English & maths at A-C/7-4 (or equivalent).
The right candidate may get offered a position within the company after completion of qualification.
About the employer
East Anglia Coaching Limited, incorporated on 19 March 2019 with nature of the business being Sports and recreation education. Expert coaches are on site to ensure a safe, fun, learning and developing the skills of enthusiastic young learners. Classes for all ages and packages that suit all ages. Whatever you choose, there is a class for you.
EAST ANGLIA COACHING LIMITED
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Emily Archer email@example.com
You will work towards completing Level 4 Sports coaching apprenticeship.
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.